The National Sustainable Building Advisor Program's nine-month Sustainable Building Advisor (SBA) certificate course is being offered for the first time in Alberta beginning Oct. 16 in Calgary.
The program and exam is designed for working professionals such as architects, engineers, planners, developers, contractors, and energy and resource conservation specialists.
The course involves an integrated approach with expert instructors and guest speakers, team projects, access to the latest in green building resources and site visits to view outstanding examples of sustainable building practices at work.
Participants will gain expertise to create buildings that are environmentally responsible, energy and resource efficient, healthy working and living environments and cost effective.
The course will be held at the Roderick Mah Centre for Continuous Learning at Mount Royal College. Participants will meet monthly on a Friday and Saturday and cover topics such as fundamentals of sustainable building, siting, energy efficiency, lighting, air quality, water conservation, operations and maintenance.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will earn the Certified Sustainable Building Advisor designation and be able to:
- Identify and articulate the key practices of sustainable building
- Establish competencies in applying LEED®, Built Green® and other relevant criteria or established guidelines
- Respond to the new high-performance requirements for provincially funded buildings
- Analyze the costs and benefits of incorporating sustainable building measures
- Work with architects, designers, builders, building operators and utilities to improve a building's performance
- Take a leadership position in their organizations and communities in a rapidly growing field
For more information contact email@example.com.